The Christmas season is fun and exciting especially when you are spending time with family and friends. However, getting ready for Christmas can be stressful and time consuming. Follow these 7 tips to an Organized Christmas and you will save time, be organized and enjoy a peaceful holiday!
1. Make Room – It is a good idea to make room for the new items that will be brought in your home. Your children will be receiving Christmas presents so take time to go through their toys to see if any items are not being used. If there are items that they have stopped playing with or outgrown, now is a good time to donate or sell those items.
2. Schedule important dates – Take out your planner and schedule important tasks and activities. For example – What day would you like to have all your Christmas shopping done by or bake your cookies for the cookie exchange? Start your shopping early. Schedule your dinner parties and family activities. Check your calendar each week and pick up any items that you need for the week or the following week.
3. Wrap your presents as soon as you get them – Wrapping right away will help prevent little ones from seeing their presents, and also saves you from doing last minutes wrapping on Christmas Eve.
4. Organize your home – Declutter and organize your home so you will feel relaxed and calm for the holidays. Do 30 mins a day and focus on completing smaller tasks each day rather than stressing about the whole house.
5. Prepare your Christmas Cards – Go through your cards to make sure you have enough. Go through your list and make sure all addresses are up to date. Mail them out at least a couple weeks before Christmas.
6. Stock up on batteries – Many toys, hand held video players, and other presents will require batteries. Stock up now and you will be prepared for Christmas day.
7. Be prepared for the unexpected– Stock up on small gifts for those days when you need one unexpectedly. It will save you from having to run out at the last minute to get one. Have them wrapped and ready to go. Ex. chocolates or candles
Once you are all organized for the holidays, relax and enjoy your time with family and friends.
I would love to hear which tip was your favourite, and if you have tips to share, please post them. I would love to hear your ideas too!